If you have a new events board it may look pretty empty to start – solve this by backfilling event listings using the Eventbrite Integration plugin. All you need to get started is a publisher ID from Eventbrite.
Eventbrite events are listed in a similar format to your local events of the Event Manager Plugin.
You can directly link to Eventbrite instead of going through a single event description on your site.By default it will show events with 50 per page i because eventbrite is only providing pagination with 50 events per page.
- Register for an Eventbrite account
- Once registered and logged in, go to the Account Settings.
- Find the App Management menu.
- In that section Create a new app it will state what your App ID . Copy and paste this into the settings for this plugin.
You can just pull the events by using the search parameters you define in the settings. This is an efficient and faster way to fetch events of a particular category, type or tag to your website.
Once a user does an actual search, for a location example, the Eventbrite queries will reflect this showing relevant results to your users.
The settings are found in Event Manager > Settings > Eventbrite Integration tab. The following settings are available:
- App ID – To show search results from Eventbrite you will need a account. Obtain this here: www.eventbrite.com. This is also needed in order to generate a feed for exporting to Eventbrite.
- Enable XML Feed. – Choose whether or not you want to generate a event export feed for Eventbrite. See www.eventbrite.com.
- Enable backfilling events from Eventbrite – Choose whether or not you want to display events on your site from Eventbrite.
- Default event type – Choose where results should come from Eventbrite supports Appearance or Signing,Attraction and Concert or Performance etc .
- Backfilling (no results) – You can no event found, backfill with X event from Eventbrite instead. then you can set 0 to disable.
- Backfill before events – you can display a number of events from Eventbrite above your event listings. then you can set 0 to disable.
- Backfill after events – you can display a number of events from Eventbrite after the last page of your events listings. then you can set 0 to disable.
- Backfill per page – For each page of events loaded, display a number of events from Eventbrite. then you can set 0 to disable.